Good Manners on Leash
Of course you dreamed of enjoyable walks with your dog. It’s a picture perfect scene where you and your dog are moving together seamlessly, enjoying the great outdoors. Unfortunately, often the dream becomes more of a nightmare. Leash skills don’t happen naturally which results in a lot of frustrated, stressed-out pet parents being dragged around on leash.
There is a solution! Our loose leash walking clinic is designed to teach your dog the leash skills to walk calmly and behave appropriately on leash. And on the human end of the leash, you will learn the skills to build a connection with your dog even in distracting environments.
This class is a combination of classroom learning, classroom practice and real world field trips.
- Age: 4 months and older
- Pre-registration required
- Dogs must be fully vaccinated
- 6 classes $259.00
Tynehead Hall, Surrey Register Now
- Fridays starting July 8 @ 4:30 pm
- Tuesdays starting July 12 @ 7:15 pm
- Thursdays starting July 14 @ 6:00 pm
- This class is not suitable for dogs who are fearful and reactive to other dogs. For support to resolve reactivity please get in touch for one-to-one training
- It is very helpful for your dog to have basic obedience skills beforehand; check out an upcoming Good Manners 1 class to brush up before Happy Trails class begins
Walking Politely is Hard!
Left to their own devices dogs would never walk in a straight line, it’s boring. And humans are sooo slow! With twice as many feet, a nose keen to examine every rock, and eyes scanning for the possibility of squirrels to chase your dog can sometimes forget you’re even in the picture.
We’ll help both of you learn the skills to walk together on leash and start to enjoy those forays into the fresh air.